The Finger Spikey fidget provides firm and textured sensory feedback when rolled up and down the finger. It is touted to have remedial benefit, stimulating acupressure points & assisting with circulation. These are stretchy but firm.
It is particularly good for those that pick and bite as the 'bitey' sensation stimulates in a similar way without the harm.
Some ways to use the spikey...
- Roll up & down the finger. It can be rolled using the same hand or alternate hand.
- Rub between two palms
- Hold in one or two hands to fidget
- Place on finger & twist around using thumb
- Place on one finger & squeeze adjacent fingers into it.
Please note if wearing the spikey for any period of time that it is important to monitor the skin to ensure it is not compromising circulation.
You can slightly stretch the metal, working around it to create a looser feel if preferred. Needs to be done bit by bit and section by section to create an even stretch. Please note once stretched it cannot be unstretched.
Ideally suited to those that like strong sensory input. The Finger Spikey Fidgets are useful for those who need deep and focused pressure to assist with self regulation.
It is made of a powder coated metal that is 'woven' to be stretchy and flexible.
It is an ideal fidget for those who pick at their skin, fingernails and clothing.
It helps with self regulation, calming, focus, concentration, tactile awareness and as a substitution for unhealthy/unhelpful behaviours.
It can also be helpful in reducing pain, swelling & disturbed sensation in fingers.
- Age 3+ (not suitable for under 3’s)
- Includes storage container
- Expandable carbon steel metal material.
- The metal is highly durable but can be over stretched if used not in accordance with its typical use by rigorous stretching. It is not meant to be pulled significantly so may not suit some that like to pull things apart. It will not recover if over stretched.
The spikey material is not designed to be over stretched/ over extended using both hands. If overstretched it will become out of shape and not return to its original form. Thus, not suitable for those that like to pull at things with two hands, like to pull things apart or generally like to test limits of products.