This raiser is designed to assist a person on and off the toilet. Features: Stackable steel frame is pre-treated for extra rust protection Heigh...View full details
Assistive and Rehabilitative TechnologyShop Now
Sellers this Month!!
The most robust of the walking frames in this lightweight aluminium range. German engineered Freiheit Freedom Stroller to support a heavier user. ...View full details
Lightweight, aluminium, folding walking frame with a unique braking system and quality wheels. Shorter, narrower and lower than standard walking fr...View full details
Northable EQ+ Services
Hearing & Healthcare Devices
AMW Travel Hoist -
The hoist is designed to fit a range of cars and has a lifting capacity of up to 40 kg and under no circumstance should the hoist system be made to exceed this weight limit. Subjecting the lift system to the strain of lifting more than it's design may cause it to fall.
It is portable and easy to assemble which allow the user to take the hoist away on holiday or use it multiple of cars.
The hoist requires no bolting or modification made to any vehicle; it is also supplied with a key fob for remote control and is either powered by the scooter it lifts or by an external battery unit.
The portable car hoist is the only non-permanent car hoist available in the market today and is ideal for use with our range of folding mobility scooters and electric folding Freedom Chairs.
Benefits and features of the Atlas 4 portable car hoist:
– Maximum load capacity of 40kg
– Automatic up and down function
– Swinging boom for ease of use
– Boom is foldable and removable as needed
– Multiple power options
– Remote control option
– Parcel shelf can still be used in your car
– Easy to move from one vehicle to another
– Lay all parts on the floor
– Connect the Supporting Bar to the Securing Bar
– Place the boom base on top of the securing bar ensuring that the bolt holes are in line
– Using the four bolts supplied – secure the boom base to the securing bar with the supplied Allen key
Atlas Hoist Fitting process:
– Place the frame into the boot with the Boom Base situated to the left of the boot lip and the Supporting Bar running left to right alongside the inside of the boot lip
– Using the ratchet lever, ratchet the hoist frame against the rear seat and boot lip until the frame is fully secured
– Insert the Boom Arm into the Boom Base and ensure that the securing catch is lifted, then released once the Boom Arm is firmly secured
– Connect and secure Power Cable to the Boom
How to operate the Atlas 4 Portable Car Hoist:
– Swing the Boom Arm outwards to its outmost position
– Ensure the scooter or wheelchair is positioned in the correct position for lifting
– Press and hold the ‘Down’ button to lower the hoist
– Connect the Lifting Hook securely to the scooter or wheelchair
– Press and hold the ‘Up’ button to raise the scooter above the boot lip, steadying the scooter to ensure it does not come in to contact with the vehicle
– Carefully swing the Boom inwards into the boot
– Press and hold the ‘Down’ button to lower the hoist until the scooter or wheelchair is firmly placed on the vehicle floor
– Remove the Lifting Hook from the scooter or wheelchair
– Press and hold the ‘Up’ button to retract the hoist Lifting Strap and Hook
– Disconnect the Power Supply
– Lower the Boom Arm and remove the Boom Base by lifting on the release and secure catch
– Stow the Boom Arm securely and close the boot
– Boom Arm
– Height locating slots
– Securing Bar
– Supporting Bar
- Ratchet and Ratchet Lever
– Release and Securing Catch
– Boom Base
– Bolts and Allen Key
– Lifting strap and hook
– Up and Down button
– Power Cable
NOTE: Battery Pack is Extra
Key safety points:
– The Atlas 4 should never be operated by a child or anyone not deemed appropiate to operate the equipment
– It should be fully secured before operating
– Always ensure there are no signs of damage before use
– Never exceed the maximum loading capacity
– Misuse of the Atlas 4 could result in serious injury
AMW Scooter - Maxi Heavy Terrain
This model has been developed specifically to meet the hard driving conditions in NZ. Its HUGE motor, tyres and batteries combined with large chassis mean this scooter can handle tough terrain, big, heavy or tall riders and is a real long distance tourer. This definitely the Best Value scooter with high performance in New Zealand.
|Motor size:||1200 Watt|
|Battery power:||2 x 70 Amp GEL (12v)|
|Dimensions:||1540 x 670 mm|
|Range:||35-40km (User pending)|
|Carry capacity:||150-200kg (Terrain pending)|
|Climbing grade:||15 degrees|
|Construction:||Penny & Giles Controllers|
|Seat:||Adjustable Front/Back, Swivel, Height, Backrest.|
|Quick Release:||Dash mounted brake release|
|Package Includes:||Front / Back Baskets, Raincover, Manual, Walking Stick Holder, Walking Stick, Charger, Paint Repair, Manual, Toolkit.|
The Supplier offers full warranties on all manufactured parts and labour but due to the nature of our industry whereby we cannot guarantee the proper use of certain goods (example Batteries) purchased independently or not through an AMW Dealer, then Ltd Warranties are in force. Please view our terms and conditions for full details including Battery Care.
1 Year Warranty applies to all NEW AMW Scooters for Batteries and Electrical, 2 year on Chassis welds.
3 Months Limited Warranty - Batteries, Wheelchairs, Walkers and Scooter Parts.
“Proper operation and maintenance” of Scooters and Batteries will allow peak performance and life far surpassing the warranty period)
If I kneel down I'll never get up': The Queen knights Tom Moore, 100 in July 2020.
Captain Tom is photographed using a Server while being knighted. This walker or rollator is an stylish new European design. We have had in store for over a year with other ranges of this design.
Choosing the right Chairs for Elderly and Disabled People
When it comes to choosing a chair there are several categories like an armchair for people with disabilities as well as high back chairs which provide support to the upper body and having wings can support the shoulders neck and head. There are typically good chairs with high-sided armrests for security, healthy, upright posture, and offer comfort.